What are loans provided for?
Loans are provided for a wide range of goods and services. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
What are loans not provided for?
Loans are not approved for emergency relief or items where other assistance is available.
NILS loans are not provided for:
- rent expenses or rent arrears
- living expenses such as food
- utility bills (gas, electricity or phone bills, etc.)
- debt repayment and consolidation
- outbound international airfares
- clothing (with the exception of school uniforms)
- vehicle comprehensive or third party/fire/theft insurance
- fines or penalties