What are MSS No Interest Loans available for?
MSS No Interest Loans are provided for a wide range of goods and services. These may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Air conditioner
- Clothes dryer
- Hot water service*
- Vacuum cleaner
- Washing machine
- Water tank or pump*
- Baby items
- Bed or mattress
- Dining table
- Lounge suite
Car and Vehicle Related Items
- Driving lesson and test
- Registration and Compulsory Third Party (CTP) Insurance*
- Computer accessories
- Mobile phone
Health and Wellbeing
- Professional health procedure
- Fitness/Sport related
- Vision related
- Mobility scooter
- Course fees
- Course material
- Music related
- School camp
- School uniform
- Equipment and tools for employment
- Blinds and curtains
- Household improvement
- Household repair*
- Relocation cost
- Rental property bondº
- Council rates†
- Funeral cost
- Insurance excess*
- Childcare/Out of School Hours (OOSH) care bond‡
- Storage fees/removal ∞
- Veterinary expenses
- Water & cartage
* These items require the client to be the homeowner, vehicle owner, or policy holder.
† This item is for clients who cannot pay by small instalments nor access other financial support.
‡ This item is only no other assistance is available.
º This item is only if all other options are unavailable, e.g., Government Rental Bond Assistance.
∞ Fees to exit and remove goods from storage permitted but no ongoing fee payments allowed.
MSS No Interest Loans are not available for:
- Rent expenses or arrears
- Living expenses such as food
- Utility bills (gas, electricity or phone bills, etc.)
- Clothing (with the exception of school/sport uniforms)
- Debt repayment and consolidation
- Motor vehicles
- Comprehensive or third party/fire/theft insurance
- Second hand, or refurbished, electrical goods (except mobility scooter) and furniture
- Outbound international airfares
- Fines or penalties
Loans are not approved for emergency relief or items where other assistance is available.