- Environmental scan and internal scan: This looks at where are we placed in our region, our internal organisational health check and SWOT analysis
- Identifying key issues for current and potential clients and our communities: This includes considering questions we need to ask and what strategic choices may be possible
- Developing our strategic intent
- Developing a series of overall broad goals
- Developing our key strategies
- Developing key performance indicators on the key strategies
- Finalising the Strategic Plan
- Communicating the Strategic Plan to clients, staff, volunteers and the wider community
- Strategy execution: Implementation, continuous monitoring and regular reviews
The strategic plan is reviewed and updated during this time to ensure it reflects the organisation’s overall strategic goals.
To ensure the strategic plan objectives are met:
- Each of the four MSS departments co-develop their teams operational plans
- Operational plans are then reviewed and updated on a regular basis
- Each individual staff member then develops a work plan that is reflective of key tasks and responsibilities from their team’s operational plan.