MSS currently has the following employment opportunities available:
MSS is a multi-service community organisation whose mission is to enhance the quality of people’s lives by providing services which enable them to live with dignity and respect.
We are expanding our services and have a newly created community role available for an Occupational Therapist. The role is based in Taree on a 12-month contract position at 21 hours a week with the possibility of an increase. You will join our Positive Ageing Team, a highly successful team that works in a fast-paced, value-driven environment, delivering home modification services to older people living in our local communities.
You will be responsible for providing OT services to our clients within the Aged Care and Disability sector. The clinical skills you will bring to the role include home modifications, equipment prescription, and therapy programs with a client-centric approach. Your duties include developing care plans and writing comprehensive reports based on your advanced clinical understanding, application of various clinical assessments and implementation of appropriate interventions to address prioritised needs and outreaching out to other services and organisations.
Why work at MSS?
- We value people
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy, or an equivalent qualification and current AHPRA registration
- Current full drivers licence and smartphone
- Current Working with Children Check
- Demonstrated experience and knowledge in working with community clients, discharge planning and complex modifications
- Experience working in the Aged Care & Disability Sector including experience in National Disability Insurance Scheme reporting and other OT assessment reporting
- Experience in assisting people to make choices enabling them to reach their full health and well-being potential.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Understanding of the needs of people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- High-level administrative skills including the proficient use of Microsoft Office programs and willingness and ability to use client databases.
- Understanding of safe work practices, proven experience in the use of appropriate manual handling techniques.
All candidates must send a CV and address each of the selection criteria. Candidates that do not do this will not be considered.
What we offer
MSS offers a great working environment. We offer flexible work arrangements and other benefits, additional paid leave between Christmas and New Year, Employee Wellbeing Program an option to purchase additional leave. MSS also offers salary packaging of $15,900. Further salary packaging benefits include meal and entertainment expenses, accommodation, venue hire and additional superannuation contributions.
APPLICATIONS CLOSE WEDNESDAY 2nd May 2018.
Manning Support Services Inc.
All employment opportunities are advertised on Seek.com.